What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello everyone, most of the classes in spryker/glue-application are deprecated. I need some classes

U01GS2RAPFS
U01GS2RAPFS Posts: 14 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hello everyone,
most of the classes in spryker/glue-application are deprecated. I need some classes from the module like RestResourceBuilder. Which classes will replace the Rest classes?

Comments

• UK7KBE2JW
    UK7KBE2JW Posts: 463 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi, normally are the replacements in the annotations if there is a replacement available

• U01GS2RAPFS

Not in this case. The only annotation is

@deprecated Will be removed without replacement.

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)

Hey, I feel you. I pushed it again internally and will write here once I know more.

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)

Heyhey, it is not forgotten, I am still on it. But a solution could still take some time. I’ll keep you updated

• U01967XD72P
    U01967XD72P Posts: 3 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi, we’re also looking for an answer why all these classes are
    @deprecated Will be removed without replacement. . We could find absolutely nothing concerning this topic and we’re looking forward to an solution for this problem @florian.scholz πŸ‘ Thx in advance!

• U01GS2RAPFS

Hi,
    do you have any news for me? @florian.scholz

• fsmeier
    edited September 2022

Hey, sadly no - it is on my weekly reminder and I have an internal timeline promise from the team, but nothing to share yet πŸ˜• (+ i was on vacation)

• pedro.diaz
    pedro.diaz Posts: 9 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi everybody interested in this topic, the reason for this deprecation is an upcoming change in GLUE infrastructure to be released in the following days

• pedro.diaz

This new approach is completely different this is the reason why there is no such replacement, hope you like the approach, looking forward for the feedback

• U01GS2RAPFS

Good morning @U02PBMFCKL0,
    Does this mean now that we have to refactor a lot of things when we update?

• pedro.diaz

Good Morning Rene, there is some refactor to do, that was inevitable, just for clarity purpose, the biggest change is that now we are not tied to a specific convention (JSON:API) and the whole GLUE infrastructure is agnostic should you want to use others (GraphQL…)

• pedro.diaz

most of your business logic will still remain valid, but you will probably need to relocate them in the refactor and include (if you want some of the new features such as Auth)

• pedro.diaz

We are working on releasing the final documentation in the next hours (I’ll paste the link here) and I believe the release is already done if you want to check it out