What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi all, I've updated MacOS to Catalina last week. Since then, my local installation of the suite is

ULL0N440J
ULL0N440J Posts: 184 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi all,
I've updated MacOS to Catalina last week. Since then, my local installation of the suite is really, really slow in Google Chrome (doesn't happen in Safari or Firefox). This is not caused by any user, extension or preference.
I assume it's due to the Catalina update together with vagrant 🤔 But I don't know how that could hang together with the choice of browser 🤷‍♂️🏻
Anyone else facing this issue, too?

Comments

• UK5DS29L2
    UK5DS29L2 Posts: 546 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited October 2019

chrome uses mechanism called prefetch and caches the output which means if your IP changes (of a target hostname), the requests to that domain may be problematic

• ULL0N440J

Thanks for the hint!
    I cleared my Chrome again and disabled this setting. It's still loading that slow (incognito Tab takes 1.3 minutes for initial connection)

• ULL0N440J
    edited October 2019

Think I found what caused this problem: the hosts file was pretty messed up. Seems like vagrant does not clear that file properly 🤷‍♂️🏻

Had several entries (have different VMs running here, 4 shops)

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Vagrant is cleaning after itself only when you run vagrant destroy.