What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi everyone, I have a question, Is it a way in Spryker, to have for one abstract product, several va

UT4U1HEHG
UT4U1HEHG Posts: 49 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited August 2021 in Help

Hi everyone, I have a question,
Is it a way in Spryker, to have for one abstract product, several values for the same attribute, f.ex. color green and red?
And later on PCP I can search for one or several colors (only green or red, or both) using filter (how this part works on PCP I know).

I saw that spryker use product group for colors, but I don’t want to really group products by some criteria,
and don’t want for every color (or other multi value attributes) create a new abstract product.

Every of the product can have from 1 to 30 colors (maybe some other multi value attributes), price in this case will be the same,
For such products I just want that user can find product on PCP by search filter and can open PDP and see these attributes.
After it on PDP order will be finished using another solution from different system (requirements).

If multi value attribute will work we will have max. 10-20k products.
I don’t want to have total amount of 1 million abstract products, for every possible product to attribute value combination.

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Yes, it should be completely ok until you don't have multi-values for the same attribute. I mean when attribute color has red, blue for bi-color product for example.

• Valerii Trots
  • UT4U1HEHG
    edited August 2021

But is it work already?
    Do you have any example in b2c demoshop or any example how can I achieve this.

So I want to have only one abstract product,
    and to give to this product two color attribute values green and red .
    On PCP using color filter I want to be able to search only for green or red, or by both of them.

• Valerii Trots

Well, it's possible to create a product abstract with variants based on the color super attribute but then search filter (neither PLP\PCP nor search results page) don't show this product.
    Probably there is a way but something needs to be changed somewhere.
    Sorry, I don't have time to investigate the topic deeper.

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited August 2021
  • Andriy Netseplyayev
    edited August 2021

~The idea here is that you create several abstract products, each one has it’s own color, but then they are getting merged on PLP~

• Valerii Trots

It's opposite. Anton doesn't want to have abstract product per color but only one abstract and many concretes with different colors.
    Product group doesn't make sense in this scenario.

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    edited August 2021

ah,

If multi value attribute will work we will have max. 10-20k products.

I see. Sorry

• UT4U1HEHG
    edited August 2021

Thank you for you answers, I wanted of course if possible, but it seems not, to have:
    one abstract with 20 different searchable colors, and concrete can be also one (it even can take abstract attributes).

For such products on PDP we will use another solution from different system to finish an order (customer requirements).

• Andriy Netseplyayev

multi-value attribute - is something built customly on the projects for now, is that what you are looking for @UT4U1HEHG?
    https://spryker.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CUSTIDEAS-I-117

• Valerii Trots

It's possible to have such abstract with many concretes but unfortunately ootb search doesn't work for them.

• Valerii Trots
    edited August 2021

@UKJSE6T47 no, it's not about concrete with two\many values for the attribute.

• UT4U1HEHG
    edited August 2021

Everything is good, thank you all one more time 🙂
    I just wanted to be sure that there is no built in functionality for this in spryker.
    That we won’t duplicate existing functionality.

• Andriy Netseplyayev

yes, it’s not about concrete. The idea above mentions search/filter which is for abstracts

• UT4U1HEHG

exactly

• UT4U1HEHG

Because on PCP we are searching for abstract products

• Andriy Netseplyayev

right, it’s not (yet) available ootb, but there are ways to do it on the project level

• Andriy Netseplyayev

If you want to, I could share the approach with you

• UT4U1HEHG

It would be very good

• Andriy Netseplyayev

okay, let me find it..

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    edited August 2021

sent in PM

• UT4U1HEHG
    edited August 2021

Thanks a lot @UKJSE6T47 👍

• U02DM2EJMH8
    U02DM2EJMH8 Posts: 2 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

@UKJSE6T47 hey, maybe you could share solution with me too. I am having similar problem 😄