What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi everyone! Is there a way to authenticate another application when integrating with the Glue API?

U03SBJFJXBQ
U03SBJFJXBQ Posts: 13 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi everyone! Is there a way to authenticate another application when integrating with the Glue API? I've been looking at the docs (this page specifically) and I can only see 3 types of users you can be authenticated as (customer, company user, agent assist). I'm trying to do some operations that don't require a specific user but would require higher permissions. Other platforms have something like service accounts and I was wondering if there's something similar in Spryker that would accomplish this.

Comments

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer

You can always add new OAuth clients, the agent assist functionality of Glue and Zed will be a good blueprint to look into what you will need to implement.

Be aware it's a little bit complicated to implement new type of OAuth user/clients, but we did that in a previous project already and it was working fine, despite the step learning curve for OAuth itself

• U03SBJFJXBQ
    U03SBJFJXBQ Posts: 13 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Thanks Alberto! I'll look into that option.