What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hey everyone, I recently encountered an error on a simple test scenario. I tried to test the functio

U01732LE0GM
U01732LE0GM Posts: 6 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hey everyone,
I recently encountered an error on a simple test scenario. I tried to test the functionality of a zed facade. Exposing it through the zed ui, the facade works and returns my data, but calling it from the test, i get the following error.

[Propel\Runtime\Exception\RuntimeException] No connection defined for database "zed". Did you forget to define a connection or is it wrong written?

In both cases the databuilderTransferObject and the normal TransferObject have the same content.

Test process:

docker/sdk testing codecept build
docker/sdk testing console cache:class-resolver:build
docker/sdk testing console code:test

Comments

• Eugenia Poidenko
    Eugenia Poidenko Sprykee Posts: 145 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi. The possible solution might be - you need to use either ConnectionHelper or TransactionHelper. Those are responsible for DB connection in tests.

• U01732LE0GM

But the test doesn't use the db connection, the error comes from the zed facade. The test just calls the facade and checks if the return value is the expected value. The error gets thrown in the zed module while getting an entity from the db. Do is still need the other helpers for the test?

• Eugenia Poidenko
    Eugenia Poidenko Sprykee Posts: 145 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Yes, you do need one of them anyway. The thing is, when the tests bootstrap, they are not using the original Zed bootstrap, thus they do not have the application plugins that provide the DB connection. You need the helper to do that for you.

• U01732LE0GM

Ok now i get "Unable to open Connection" from the PropelConnectionFactory