What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi all - does someone know how I can check whether a newly defined behavior has been correctly appli

U04FXCTCWPP
U04FXCTCWPP Posts: 91 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi all - does someone know how I can check whether a newly defined behavior has been correctly applied to a table?
(It does not seem to work, so I'd assume not, but it might also be some other problem elsewhere, so I'd like to check the behavior first.)

Comments

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

did u already see the generated orm base class?

• U04FXCTCWPP

Yep, it does have e.g. an saveEventBehaviorEntityChange method, so I guess that should mean that the behavior is there.

• U04FXCTCWPP
    edited December 2022

However, according to its code, this method should also create an entry in the spy_event_behavior_change table - but it doesn't. Even though I stepped it through with debugger and everything seemed OK: it created the entity, supplied all the data and did a save() on it without errors. But still, the spy_event_behavior_change table remains empty.

• giovanni.piemontese

Did u checked if this is active or not \Spryker\Zed\EventBehavior\EventBehaviorConfig::$isEventDisabled ? I.e. during data-import is disabled and nothing is written in spy_event_behavior_change

Are u testing it in import process or via backoffice save operation?

• U04FXCTCWPP
    edited December 2022

\Spryker\Zed\EventBehavior\EventBehaviorConfig::$isEventDisabled is false.

Backoffice save, I believe. I'm just following the https://docs.spryker.com/docs/scos/dev/back-end-development/data-manipulation/data-publishing/handle-data-with-publish-and-synchronization.html#[…]e
    tutorial. I'm now at the "Verification
    Ensure that the event has been created:" part but I don't see any events for my newly created queue in RabbitMQ.

• giovanni.piemontese

another thing that u have to keep in mind.... there is a console post hook that consume the data in the table after running a command
    \Pyz\Zed\Console\ConsoleDependencyProvider::getConsolePostRunHookPlugins and also in event dispatcher in zed/backoffice/backend-gateway etc...

\Pyz\Zed\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcherDependencyProvider::getEventDispatcherPlugins
    \Pyz\Zed\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcherDependencyProvider::getBackendGatewayEventDispatcherPlugins

• giovanni.piemontese

i would in your case stop jenkins to ensure that the event is not consumed so quickly that u don't see it in rmq... and if the event is properly generated then u should see it in rmq

• U04FXCTCWPP

Stopping Jenkins was part of the tutorial and I did that too. (Just checked again, it really is suspended, so that's not the problem.)

• giovanni.piemontese

did u try to change some value in IndexController before save call? because the event is generated only if there are some affected rows... otherwise no event is again generated

• U04FXCTCWPP

No. There are affected rows. Every time I reload the Controller, I get the success message and I can see another new entry in the spy_hello_world_message table.

• U04FXCTCWPP

ahhhhhh....
    multistore πŸ˜›
    I'm using the base b2b demoshop for the tutorial, which is multistore by default (AT, DE, US). I'm working with the DE store and didn't even notice that I was checking the AT queues in RabbitMQ. Of course there was nothing there... But then I scrolled down, found the DE queues, and all my messages are there, as they should be. So everything OK. πŸ™‚

• U04FXCTCWPP

Still, thank you for your time and help, @UL65CH0MC. I'll take note of your hints, should still come in handy for the future. πŸ™‚ πŸ‘

• giovanni.piemontese

Ah cool that u find your problem.... then everything is working as expected...

• U04FXCTCWPP

Yep πŸ™‚