What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello. Do you know if it is possible to have a concrete product available for a certain store? We ha

UPWG9AYH2
UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello. Do you know if it is possible to have a concrete product available for a certain store? We have the situation, that we have products that are basically the same but they differ for example in the product image … so a product in a DE store would have another product image than in a AT store even if they are the same product. For that the idea would be to have two concrete products variants with different properties … one of them is available in DE and the other is available in AT … i found that store availability is just possible on abstract product level, but any clue how to solve the case above? 🤔 Best regards

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice
    edited April 2020

What if to add a locale for AT store like de_AT and Spryker then has images per locale?

• UPWG9AYH2

Is the other locale then automatically disabled? So the locale gets controlled by the header (in case of glue at least) And anyway wouldnt that mean to bound a locale to a store?
    de store -> de_DE locale
    at store -> de_AT locale
    us store -> en_US locale

• Ievgen Varava
    Ievgen Varava Sprykee Posts: 154 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

I would suggest to copy functionality of product_abstract_store to concretes if that's exactly the case

• Ievgen Varava

should be as simple as adding a table to db and modifying the query for publisher... but well, it's just a guess

• UPWG9AYH2

Sounds to me easy as well but i also have in mind to maybe update tons of queries with “WHERE store = …” … what i mean: effort could also easily explode^^

• UPWG9AYH2

not to forget dependencies on other places where the implicit existence of concrete products is required when a abstract product exists

• Ievgen Varava

depends on your functionality of course. I was thinking about minimal case like displaying concretes on PDP - in this case they're taken from storage

• Ievgen Varava

but then it could be simplified even to custom product attribute indicating to which store it belongs

• UPWG9AYH2

Attributes could do it, thats a good hint …

• UPWG9AYH2

I was also thinking of using categories anyhow, but i think this will end up in a mess