What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

I added 4 price types but in Redis only one shows up in Redis..any ideas where I can look into to fi

U01LE4BMBK7
U01LE4BMBK7 Posts: 241 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

I added 4 price types but in Redis only one shows up in Redis..any ideas where I can look into to figure out why it ignores the others? Currently trying to get the debugger to run through Spryker\Zed\PriceProductStorage\Business\Storage\PriceProductConcreteStorageWriter.

Comments

• U01LE4BMBK7

How am I supposed to show another price if it doesn't get exported to Redis?

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hey Philipp, you may be confusing a bit *price types* (like default / original) with *price dimensions (*_https://documentation.spryker.com/docs/priceproduct-module-details-reference-information#price-dimension)_ which is another concept. *Price type* in your case is all part of the *default price dimension*

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    edited September 2021

So inside of your default price dimension you should be able to see prices of a different types. The data structure is like

prices:
    dimension: // e.g. β€œdefault”, β€œmerchant_relation” …
    currency: // e.g. CHF, EUR
    mode: // e.g. GROSS / NET
    type => money_value // e.g. ORIGINAL, DEFAULT => 100
    ….

you should be able to see that in the actual price_product_(abstract/concrete)* redis entries

• U01LE4BMBK7

oooh....thanks you so much @UKJSE6T47 for clarifying this

• U01LE4BMBK7

There doesn't seem to be a way to store multiple prices in spy_price_product for one concrete product without using price types

• U01LE4BMBK7

neither in spy_price_product_store (we just have one store and one currency)

• Andriy Netseplyayev

what’s your business use case?

• U01LE4BMBK7

we have one store that ships to two countries: Austria & Germany
    Customers can be B2B or B2C.
    Tax rates are:
    Austria B2B: 20% but some products having 0% because of special tariff numbers that are tax exempt
    Austria B2C: 20%
    Germany B2B: 0%
    Germany B2C: 19%

I want to store those prices somewhere

• U01LE4BMBK7

I did get it running with 4 different price types and storing them in the default price table too

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    edited September 2021

So, for your use-case, if you get the GROSS price mode (with tax already included) - I would suggest to go with the following approach:
    1. DE - B2C - use DEFAULT price, which is price with 19%
    2. DE - B2B - introduce a merchant relation with dedicated price of 0% (https://documentation.spryker.com/2021080/docs/merchant-custom-prices-feature-overview) - then you would need to assign this relation with all business units of all companies in DE. Later on, for companies with diff % you will be able to create other relations;
    3. AT - B2C - use DEFAULT price with 20% included. You don’t need for now any merchant relations since prices there are the same. Products with 0% will just have their price as-is in DEFAULT, too.

• Andriy Netseplyayev

In case you have NET mode and you have to calculate taxes on your own - I would need to ask internally if you can do diff taxes per b2c or b2b users..

• Andriy Netseplyayev

In case you get NET prices and need to caclulate / add tax information on your own (based on 20% or whatever) - you could include that logic into the *cart calculation stack* (see CalculationDependencyProvider) and implement your custom logic there - you can have all the context you need - customer, store. So you can query the right % from DB. In that case you can go with
    1. DE - DEFAULT NET prices
    2. AT - DEFAULT NET prices
    3. you need to change the way taxes are stored. We have it per country, but not for b2c/b2b customers.

• U01LE4BMBK7

@UKJSE6T47 Thanks a lot for taking the time to come up with a solution

• U01LE4BMBK7

the issue with using merchant prices is that the tax calculation needs to be adapted too

• U01LE4BMBK7

I got things running with several price types - just one small issue left where the shipping costs are grown in gross mode because it just takes the gross price that got calculated with a 20% tax and doesn't get recalculated for Germany's 19% vat