What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi all, a colleague of mine is having a really weird issue and I'm running out of ideas. He's set u

U01SE4SRCU9
U01SE4SRCU9 Posts: 68 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi all,

a colleague of mine is having a really weird issue and I'm running out of ideas. He's set up his local shop and everything seemed to have run well, but apparently the shop can't get the environmental variables.

Inside his VM, when he just does printenv from the console, the output is exactly as it should be, all the environmental variables are there, as they should be. But when he actually fires up the shop and checks the variable values in his config, e.g. in config_default_DE.php, the getenv('VM_PROJECT') command comes up empty. Even though, as mentioned above, when we check from the console, the value (with the same key) is clearly set and it's there.

Any ideas to what could cause this and how it may be fixed? I'm suspecting some PHP config issue, but the strange thing is that he followed the same steps that I did too when I set up my shop and I didn't run into any such issues, so I don't really see what or how could have gone awry in his case.

Comments