What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Good morning! I was wondering, if I create an abstract product, but don't add any super attributes t

U017Y69D9U4
U017Y69D9U4 Posts: 34 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Good morning! I was wondering, if I create an abstract product, but don't add any super attributes to it before saving, is it possible to go back and add more super attributes to it at a later stage?

We seem to have no way to configure more super attributes to a previously saved abstract product, which means we can't then add any concrete variants and therefore this becomes a product in our system that can't be activated or deleted. I may have totally missed something out here and possible we have a customisation which has overridden this - but I wondered is this standard behaviour?

Many thanks! πŸ™‚

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Previously it was the case, yes.
    Let me check the latest state as I remember there should be changes regarding this behaviour.

• Valerii Trots

Unfortunately it's still the case. Once you created empty abstract, you are not able anymore to add concretes to it.

• UPWG9AYH2
    UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Is this some expected behaviour? For me, abstract product without any variant will make no sense at all, right?

• U017Y69D9U4

Thanks for investigating Valerii! Yeah it seems a bit odd to have an abstract product in the system now that can't have any variants assigned to it πŸ€”

• Valerii Trots

@jeremy.fourna are there any plans to improve this apart from this idea - https://spryker.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CUSTIDEAS-I-56?

• Jeremy Fourna
    Jeremy Fourna Lead Product Manager Posts: 130 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

I guess we already have a bug about this case, let me search for it

• Jeremy Fourna
    Jeremy Fourna Lead Product Manager Posts: 130 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

We had a bug that resolved this issue, but I guess we have regression here

• Valerii Trots

I created another internal ticket to fix this issue. Hopefully we will have capacity\resources to fix this before next release of our demo-shops.

• U017Y69D9U4

Brilliant, thank you all for your support!

• Valerii Trots

This has been fixed in a way that a variant without a super attribute is created automatically - https://api.release.spryker.com/release-group/2992.

• U017Y69D9U4

Thats brilliant - thanks for getting back to me on this Valerii!

• Valerii Trots
    edited October 2020

I'm going to get back to you from our support portal as well but I'm checking how is it working now in order to write correct message. πŸ˜„