What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

hello, which API or mechanisms should we use for system to system communication? E.g. for exporting

UP58KEJLD
UP58KEJLD Posts: 1 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited October 2019 in Help

hello, which API or mechanisms should we use for system to system communication? E.g. for exporting or fetching/updating orders or customer data? We tried GlueAPI, but there it seems the permission is always limited to the customer's objects (user which is given via the token). Is GlueAPI the right API for such back-end "external" system to Spryker system calls or is there another API? how can we maintain e.g. such system users who have access to e.g. fetching all orders? General topic is: what's the best practice for exporting Spryker orders and customer data to SAP ERP and the way back updating order status or customer data ERP to Spryker.

Comments

• ULFNSDKPZ
    ULFNSDKPZ Posts: 10 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Custom, as there is no backoffice-API in Spryker yet. Connecting export APIs to the OMS is a nice way of handling it.

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer

We use the not longer developed Zed API therefore.
    It’s not more than a simple layer to access the database and authentication and authorization has to be implemented in the project code.

• UP58NR6BS
    UP58NR6BS Posts: 19 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

seems to me like a generic requirement to a Commerce OS. I think in most scenarios it is necessary to export orders in some way to an external system. Any plans to do this on the roadmap?

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

AFAIK there is nothing on the roadmap yet.
    I would suggest to create a feature request for Spryker's product management team here - https://spryker.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new.