What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

I just switched from the deprecated `spryker-shop/navigation-widget` to `spryker-shop/content-naviga

U01LKKBK97T
U01LKKBK97T Posts: 287 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

I just switched from the deprecated spryker-shop/navigation-widget to spryker-shop/content-navigation-widget but now the navigation lookup in Redis is expecting the navigation to be in namespace content. Our navigation still is in namespace navigation, though. Already republished everything, but the namespace doesn't change in Redis. Does anybody know, why the namespace changed and how to fix the navigation lookup?

Comments

• U01LKKBK97T

I think that this is the problem: vendor/spryker-shop/content-navigation-widget/src/SprykerShop/Yves/ContentNavigationWidget/Twig/ContentNavigationTwigFunctionProvider.php:96

Before reading the actual navigation from storage, it's trying to read some sort of content item that I don't know anything about. Do I need to create some sort of content item for the navigation or what else is missing?
    Any documentation would be helpful, but I didn't find anything useful so far.

• UM4BZSK7T
    UM4BZSK7T Posts: 174 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

I assume that content is a new way to add navigation menus? So the standard navigation module(s) are as well obsolete as they publish to a different storage? Is there any documentation?

• UM4BZSK7T
    UM4BZSK7T Posts: 174 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

The solution is that Spryker changed the display strategy of navigation trees. There is now a layer in between called "Content Items" you can find it in the documentation. But we where looking for documentation of the content_navigation module which doesn't have any documentation or hint to just look for navigation or content.

• U01LKKBK97T

Having the need for a content item to be able to retrieve a navigation isn't very feasible, imho. Doubling the number of redis calls for something like a global navigation is a really bad idea.