What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

in other words, is there a replacement for CategoryFacade::getCategoryByKey which seems to be remove

U01G4K5E0J2
U01G4K5E0J2 Posts: 194 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
edited March 2021 in Help

in other words, is there a replacement for CategoryFacade::getCategoryByKey which seems to be removed in version 5 of the module

Comments

• U01LE4BMBK7
    U01LE4BMBK7 Posts: 241 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

inject CategoryQueryContainer and use queryCategoryByKey instead - this doesn't seem deprecated

• U01LE4BMBK7

in the DependencyProvider of your package use $container->getLocator()->category()->queryContainer()

• U01LE4BMBK7

however, the return value is Orm\Zed\Category\Persistence\SpyCategoryQuery so you need to run ->findOne(); on this and if you want the CategoryTransfer instead of the entity then add
    $categoryTransfer = (new CategoryTransfer())->fromArray($categoryEntity->toArray());

• U01G4K5E0J2
    queryCategoryByKey

is also deprecated in version 4 and removed in version 5

• U01LE4BMBK7

oh sorry, in my current project it wasn't marked depcreated yet

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
  • U01G4K5E0J2

yeah, but it seems this filter doesn't support keys ootb

• U01G4K5E0J2

• giovanni.piemontese

U can simple extend the transfer and Repository on project level and it’s done.

• U01G4K5E0J2

i guess I can also extend repository and bring back deprecated method for finding category by its key

• U01G4K5E0J2
    edited March 2021

but the question I asked was "is there a replacement", but I think I already know the answer, which is "no"

• giovanni.piemontese

Yes, u replied yourself πŸ™‚