What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi all, can someone tell me how I remove stores completely (including the vhosts and queues for rabb

ULL0N440J
ULL0N440J Posts: 184 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi all, can someone tell me how I remove stores completely (including the vhosts and queues for rabbitmq)? My elasticsearch just crashed due to missing space (AT and US queues ran full of messages which were not proceeded. I do have a cronjob which purges queues daily).

Not complete solution: would it be enough to just provide the required store (in my case DE ) in project/config/Zed/cronjobs/jobs.php instead of $allStores ?

Comments

• Ehsan Zanjani
    Ehsan Zanjani Head of Solution Architecture @ Spryker Posts: 113 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi Daniel, I think you can remove queues and exchange with these commands:

you can run them for each store e.g APPLICATION_STORE=DE console queue:exchanges:delete-all

• Ehsan Zanjani
    Ehsan Zanjani Head of Solution Architecture @ Spryker Posts: 113 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited September 2019

but about vhost I think you need to remove them from Rabbitmq management GUI.
    e.g http://zed.de.suite.local:15672

• ULL0N440J

I have to remove it from config, too I guess. Else it would cause error messages PhpAmqpLib\Exception\AMQPProtocolConnectionException - Exception: INTERNAL_ERROR - access to vhost '/AT_development_zed' refused for user 'AT_development': vhost '/AT_development_zed' is down

• ULL0N440J
    edited September 2019

Is Jenkins responsible for adding missing queues?

Another point: had to add the DE Vhost manually on our live-system this morning. Ever queue is missing (but event) - what to do there? πŸ™

(Rabbitmq had too much messages, so other services couldn't work anymore. DE-Vhost wasn't accessible anymore.. so delete it and re-create it)

• Ehsan Zanjani
    edited September 2019

Queues are creating automatically as soon as one of the queue client called like queue:worker jobs in jenkins

• Ehsan Zanjani

you can disable the jenkins to not mess the rabbitmq setup

• Ehsan Zanjani

Another point: had to add the DE ..

Please have a look into this file to check if you have all queue configurations
    \Pyz\Client\RabbitMq\RabbitMqConfig::getQueueOptions
    Also check if the you all permissions and stuff for /vhost is adjusted

• Ehsan Zanjani

• Ehsan Zanjani

hope these information help you

• ULL0N440J

Thanks for the information @UK9N7MP96 πŸ™‚

I'll inform you as soon as I know more

• ULL0N440J

So: seems like the Jenkins ran and created some of the queues were created. Then I deleted the Vhost. Bad timing I guess. Lection learned: stop every process which communicates to rabbitmq before deleting the vhost. Restart these services not before the Vhost is up and running again

• ULL0N440J

I'll now go ahead and remove the AT and US store