What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

hello guys. few questions about taxes and net/gross prices. 1. Why net price is always empty in orde

U0145CP9Q6Q
U0145CP9Q6Q Posts: 123 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

hello guys. few questions about taxes and net/gross prices.
1. Why net price is always empty in order items and in order items option? See screenshots
2. I'm wondering if I should always set net and gross prices manually when creating a product? Why it is not calculated automatically accroding to assigned tax set and tax rate? I removed gross price from one of the default sample products - and what I see? That there is no price at all on product page. See screenshot as well. I don't want to caclulate anything. I just want to set price and everything else should be done automatically from my point of view. And it should show the prices according to store tax (DE, AT or whatever). Am i doing something wrong?

Comments

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hey Alex,
    You need to check price mode you have configured (https://documentation.spryker.com/docs/net-gross-prices-management) you can choose between gross / net / both and that will define how and when taxes are calculated.

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited September 2020

and no, you don’t have to set both net / gross prices. I’m not sure though how “BOTH” works - maybe if you choose it, you have to specify both prices.

• U0145CP9Q6Q

i have already tried to change price mode to NET. ok. i see price. But what i want - I want to show GROSS prices in yves but after order placement i need NET and GROSS price

• U0145CP9Q6Q

so from my point of view it should caclulate net price always. It shouldn't depend on selected price mode

• U0145CP9Q6Q
    edited September 2020

so the question is - is it possible to show gross prices on yves and calculate net prices for order items automatically.
    Or another way around - it is possible to set net product price in zed and gross price for product will be calculated automatically?

• Andrew Chekanov
    Andrew Chekanov Sprykee Posts: 29 ✨ - Novice

Hi @U0145CP9Q6Q
    There is no automatical calculation between NET and GROSS price OOTB in Spryker, so if you will need both of them but you are importing only one you should add this calculation on the project level