What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hey guys, I have a very deep technical question, but I hope maybe someone here can help me.

U010DNAA3QW
U010DNAA3QW Posts: 55 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hey guys, I have a very deep technical question, but I hope maybe someone here can help me. Here on the OrderStateMachine, the reservation will be updated for an item that is in the OMS and stays on the same OMS state and the target state is reserved. Why is that? Why should the reservation be updated if the state stays the same? This is creating a lot of problems in our project, because the reservation is unneedingly being updated several times during the OMS process, hugely slowing down everything (details about this maybe later). Does anyone have an idea? Or is it a bug and it should be $sourceState !== $targetState? 😮

Comments

• UKEP86J66
    UKEP86J66 Posts: 208 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

I have also had problems with this - not for reservation but the OMS transition log filling up (eg millions of rows) due to logging a state every minute even when there was no transition.
    I assumed this change was intentional (previous Spryker versions did not do this) for some edge case but it would be good for someone from Spryker to confirm.
    Unless anyone responds logging this as a bug would certainly be a good next step.