What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

I am writing automated user tests, like „Go to list page, change sorting to 'by price', check if fir

URT3G5BC5
URT3G5BC5 Posts: 2 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

I am writing automated user tests, like „Go to list page, change sorting to 'by price', check if first article is cheaper than second article,…“. This is mostly done by Javascript, like document.querySelector('#button_sorting').click(); (I use GhostInspector, but just consider that being an abstraction layer).

My problem with Spryker is now, that many form elements like dropdowns seem to get “randomized changing“ attributes on each reload, for example:

<li class="select2-results__option select2-results__option--highlighted" id="select2-ipp-r1-result-8c4s-12" role="option" aria-selected="true" data-select2-id="select2-ipp-r1-result-8c4s-12">
</li>
…when I reload the page “id“ will change from “something-8c4s-something" to another 4-letter-combination, also data-select2-id, and also this happens on the parent select of an option. This happens to the “real“ elements like select/option and also the themed ones like ul/li or custom-select.

This makes writing a selector very, very difficult, also making my code break easy, because I have to work with soft patterns like contains *-select-*

1. What is the intention behind this behaviour?
  2. Can we just “configure that away“.
  3. Is there some documentation how to deal with it, and what's best practice to querySelect elements?

Comments

• UKJND3A3H
    UKJND3A3H Posts: 123 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

while not knowing for sure, my assumption is that this is brought in rather from used select2 js library than from spryker itself

• URT3G5BC5
    URT3G5BC5 Posts: 2 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Thanks for helping — it looks like you're right. At least we know some reason now — will post a solution, if we find one.