What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello folks, does anyone know if it is possible to add custom tags to the images while `docker/sdk b

s.kroll
s.kroll Posts: 118 🪐 - Explorer

Hello folks, does anyone know if it is possible to add custom tags to the images while docker/sdk build or earlier while docker/sdk boot [deploy.ci](http://deploy.ci).yml. E.g. by using command-line parameters? We would like to use this in a build-pipeline to differentiate between branches/pipelines. After the build-stage we would like to push the images into a private docker-registry (gitlab). For that we would need to add tags

Comments

• s.kroll

I also heard in the UserGroup from yesterday, that some more features for the docker/sdk are comming. Does CI/CD stuff is part of that?

• UQS4LDZU7
    UQS4LDZU7 Posts: 182 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited April 2020

@UM0EZB9GT Im also very interested on that topic. As far as I know from this slack channel - Spryker starts working on documentation "howto" for CI/CD B2C demoshop (docker SDK setup). afaik, there is no timeline officially set yet. So, we just wait and hope 🙂

• UQS4LDZU7
    UQS4LDZU7 Posts: 182 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited April 2020

@UM0EZB9GT Also, for you to know. From the meetup yesterday, i quote: "you can use vendor/bin/install script for CI/CD as well".

• s.kroll

Thanks for the hints @UQS4LDZU7. Using the docker/sdk in Gitlab pipelines already works. Currently the problem is to tag and push the images after build for reuse in next stages. That was already discussed a few post earlier in this channel but I thought “maybe there are news on this” 😄

• sprymiker
    sprymiker Sprykee Posts: 781 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Images tagging and pushing is going to be outside docker/sdk scope always.

docker/sdk export images

Is the command to build images and output tags based on deploy.yml.

So you can have a bash script to tag them as you are willing and push wherever you need.

However, it seems the command is not so comfortable to use. Probably, we will change/enhance the way to run it to provide better XP.

It would be awesome, if you try it and give us a feedback.

Cheers.