What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello, when I updated WSL2 (Ubuntu 20.04) packages and restarted the computer, I am no longer able t

U01E6Q6AMHC
U01E6Q6AMHC Posts: 48 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited March 2022 in Docker

Hello, when I updated WSL2 (Ubuntu 20.04) packages and restarted the computer, I am no longer able to start docker containers, even reset didn't help. Some containers cannot start:

ERROR: for session  Cannot create container for service session: b'not a directory'

ERROR: for dashboard  Cannot create container for service dashboard: b'not a directory'

ERROR: for search  Cannot create container for service search: b'not a directory'

ERROR: for database  Cannot create container for service database: b'not a directory'

ERROR: for key_value_store  Cannot create container for service key_value_store: b'not a directory'

Any advice here?

Comments

• U01E6Q6AMHC
    U01E6Q6AMHC Posts: 48 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited March 2022

"Thx" for the assistance.

For the other guys who might got into this issue. The cause why this happened to me was that I ran docker/sdk testing after boot (usually I use docker/sdk start but this time I had bootstrapped testing env thus the previous command).

Also first time I got the following error:

ERROR: for spryker_ci_session_1 Cannot start service session: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:545: container init caused: rootfs_linux.go:76: mounting "/run/desktop/mnt/host/wsl/docker-desktop-bind-mounts/Ubuntu-20.04/49ad6784bc0a2d9baedce4478d02543dfbcbf9d377d5f36b1debd0bbf3aaefdd" to rootfs at "/usr/local/etc/redis/redis.conf" caused: mount through procfd: not a directory: unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type

To fix (at least in my case) it, just:
    • reboot PC (this is essential)
    • bootstrap your development yml env
    • docker/sdk start