What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hey.. Is it possible to use a master/slave setup for postgres? And if yes, how would we configure it

UPDQFGGM9
UPDQFGGM9 Posts: 29 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
edited November 2019 in Help

Hey.. Is it possible to use a master/slave setup for postgres? And if yes, how would we configure it.

Comments

• UM4BZSK7T
    UM4BZSK7T Posts: 174 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Sorry, don't want to be rude but this question just something you should google for and maybe ask in a pgsql channel as it is not really Spryker related.

• UK5DS29L2
    UK5DS29L2 Posts: 546 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Actually I think it is, because let's say magento for example supports this via config and this IS software related

• UK5DS29L2

I see no way to configure Yves specific propel settings though, so right now I cannot see a way to do it

• UK5DS29L2

you can definitely configure one per store, but not with read/write, master/slave combination as far as I can see

• UPDQFGGM9

Okay. : ) So we would need to extend the core.

• Unknown
    edited November 2019

You may want to look into pgpool https://severalnines.com/database-blog/guide-pgpool-postgresql-part-one
    this way you could leave the core alone.
    Or use a managed service (if possible).

• UM4BZSK7T
    UM4BZSK7T Posts: 174 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Don't do SQL Server replication on software level... 😱

• UKU1E0ENB
    UKU1E0ENB Posts: 34 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

@UPDQFGGM9 The idea of Spryker is to avoid database replication because it adds more complexity (e.g. there can be a replication lag). Instead Redis is used to access the data in a very efficient way.

What is your use case?

• UPDQFGGM9

There are some slow psql queries in the checkout process. We will probably scale vertically to mitigate that problem.