What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hey, we have checkout version 2.2.0 on a B2B and recently we experienced for one customer who just p

U01MUF65ELV
U01MUF65ELV Posts: 17 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hey, we have checkout version 2.2.0 on a B2B and recently we experienced for one customer who just place the order normally and some how it’s order is duplicated sometime for 4 times or even more than that. That’s happening only for a particular customer and there is no unusual stuff noticed by customer.

We have JavaScript block on summary page to have multiple submits. We want to know is there any backend known issue or fix for such a behaviour?

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Hi, there is an open issue about duplicated orders.
    It's possible to place multiple orders either from many tabs or refreshing the page while the order placement is being processed.

• U01MUF65ELV

Thanks Valerii, any idea when we can have this fixed? Secondly, we will confirm from customer what steps exactly he has taken

• U01MUF65ELV

but it also means there are no checks on backend, which means doesn’t mean what steps are there but if we have any step it will created duplicate order

• Valerii Trots

There is no ETA but the internal ticket is assigned already and is in progress state.

• U01MUF65ELV

thanks again!

• U01MUF65ELV

@valerii.trots Hello, can you please provide the progress on the above mentioned bug?
    Thanks

• Valerii Trots

Hi Kashif, there is an open PR that seems to be approved from code review perspective. It has to be reviewed from architecture perspective and QAed yet. As I said, I can't provide any ETA unfortunately here.

• U01MUF65ELV

ok good, thanks.. so it’s in approval stage.. which I can assume should be out soon

• U019SMNLJ74
    U019SMNLJ74 Posts: 2 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello @valerii.trots
    we have the same issue and i'd like to know, if You have some news to this topic?
    Is the fix already targeted to a specific release?
    Any date estimable for getting the update?
    Thanks in advance!

• Valerii Trots

It's still In Progress.

• Valerii Trots
    edited April 2021

Circling rounds of code reviews and fixes afterwards.

• U019SMNLJ74
    U019SMNLJ74 Posts: 2 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

... thx Valerii.
    i'm looking forward to the outcome :crossed_fingers:

• Valerii Trots

Please check https://api.release.spryker.com/release-group/3310 and pay attention to project level changes.

• U01MUF65ELV

thanks!

• U01MUF65ELV

Hey @valerii.trots can you please that the issue which is reported was about the duplicate order means multiple orders saved to DB with unique OrderReference or multiple orders save to DB with same OrderReference for the same cart?

• Valerii Trots
    edited April 2021

I believe it was about the unique order reference.
    But personally I wasn't testing it. So sorry if I'm mistaken.

• U01MUF65ELV

Ok, thanks is it possible to share the ticket description?

• Valerii Trots

I believe in this case @UL65CH0MC could confirm what behavior did they have for their project.

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

In our Project we had both cases... the main problem is that we had order with different order reference but for the same quote..(because the quote was not removed from session, due missing redirect to success-page). I just see the release about this problem and i will give my feedback here after i analyzed it and implemented in our project..

p.s.: in our project is checkout a little bit different, due one page checkout implementation based on step engine simulation.

• U01MUF65ELV

ok thanks @UL65CH0MC for your input, we have issue with different order reference but same quote and we implemented same kind of solution which didn’t worked. Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks

• giovanni.piemontese

Ok. I can share with u already now our project level fix that works very good. Let me get time to reply u later with details

• U01MUF65ELV

thank you!

• giovanni.piemontese

Sorry @U01MUF65ELV but today i did n get time.
    I will try tomorrow.

• U01MUF65ELV

No problem thanks

• giovanni.piemontese

Hi @U01MUF65ELV
    it seems that the fix works as expected.
    Of course, as said, in our project we have a custom checkout process (one-page-checkout) and we don't have any summary step more.
    U can update your composer and try itself too and u can leave a feedback here...

In the case u have still the problem then i can explain u what u can do to avoid this problem and maybe we can ask for integration this in core/project.