What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi, i am trying to understand the architecture of products in Spryker. As far as is understood you a

UMZ9G4E9F
UMZ9G4E9F Posts: 6 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi, i am trying to understand the architecture of products in Spryker. As far as is understood you always need a concrete product and therefore an "Super Attribute". Now my question is: How do i determine which attribute of a product is suitable as "Super Attrribute" if this product does not exist in more than one variant. For example if i have a product Seasalt.

Comments

• well, yes, there always needs to be an abstract and a concrete

• Unknown
    edited September 2019

if there is a one-to-one mapping you do not need something like a super attribute, because these are, by definition, the attribute that distinct one concrete from another

• does that make sense for you? 🤔

• UMZ9G4E9F

Okey, sounds good. But in the GUI there is only the option to create a variant product when we have selected a super attribute

• UMZ9G4E9F

How do i create a variant without super attribute?

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Seems like it’s impossible to do this from Zed.

How about to add Ursprung super-attribute? 🙂
    And to have variants like Seasalt, Alpsalt… 🤔

• UMZ9G4E9F

So that means you always need a super attribute even if you have products that do not have variants

• Valerii Trots

When you manage them from Zed - I would say yes.

• UMZ9G4E9F

And if i dont manage them from Zed?

• Valerii Trots
    edited September 2019

You can import abstract-concrete product pairs without super-attributes. At least there are projects that implemented it in this way.

Possible side effects - exceptions trying to open such a product in Zed.