What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

I assume there is no way to conditionally _completely disable_ a checkout step?

2Β»

Comments

• UKGT7RC7P
    UKGT7RC7P Posts: 538 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
  • UKGT7RC7P

let me know if should add anything there

• Jeremy Fourna
    Jeremy Fourna Lead Product Manager Posts: 130 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

good for me, optionally you could write a β€œreal” example of what you want to do and how the linear way is bad in this case and how dev time the state machine way save you roughly.

• UKGT7RC7P

i'd have to excercise my imagination for a good example πŸ˜„

• UKGT7RC7P
    edited May 2020

trivial use case would be having an conditional step which doesn't belong to the normal flow, e.g. pay with amazon pay - where the original payment page / customer and shipping address pages are not required

• Jeremy Fourna
    Jeremy Fourna Lead Product Manager Posts: 130 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited May 2020

thanks anyway, the more real the example are, the more we will be sure that what we will build will hit the mark πŸ’―

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

did u already seen the last updates about step-engine? Now u can define also via StepEngineStrategy different strategies according some configuration or quote or customer etc.... maybe can be a solution for u

• UKGT7RC7P
    edited May 2020

so effectively it switches the step collection based on a condition?

• UKGT7RC7P

that would also work in this case (not as nice as a state machine though)

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

yes with a state machine will be very nice, but in the case the state machine can decide according some conditions the next step then u don't have any more the basic principe of step-engine.. "A step can be executed only when the previuos steps are correctly already executed"...

In this case the pre-Condition and post-Condition of your steps are very dynamic due not real step defined..
    Or i didn t get what is your goal?

• UKGT7RC7P
    edited May 2020

not sure - in the case of a state machine (maybe state machine isn't right term - directional step graph maybe πŸ˜„ ) you'd say that the machine should be in step X and then traverse the depenencies until that point checking the conditions