What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

> πŸ‘ [SOLUTION] #MacUsers: Many thanks @U02P7B6K2LC @U013M1LC46A @UJJQTT1QQ

U032PGXJ2N4
U032PGXJ2N4 Posts: 3 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

πŸ‘ [SOLUTION] #MacUsers: Many thanks @U02P7B6K2LC @U013M1LC46A @valerii.trots @U01LE4BMBK7 I encountered this error: failed to solve with frontend dockerfile.v0: failed to solve with frontend gateway.v0: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = pull access denied, repository does not exist or may require authorization: server message: insufficient_scope: authorization failed
β€’ Double check if you are using Docker Compose V1 docker-compose version
β€’ Double check docker on terminal which docker-compose and if you see the output /opt/homebrew/bin/docker-compose it’s not supposed to be installed with brew, docker for mac handles that itself. brew uninstall docker-compose to uninstall it.
β€’ On Docker desktop app make sure to uncheck β€œUse Docker Compose V2” from the setting. Now try to reinstall the project.
β€’ For M1 users could be that for some reason terminal works in x86 mode and because of this docker could not work when you start command from terminal. This command could help to switch terminal to the right mode (for zsh) env /usr/bin/arch -arm64 /bin/zsh --login
β€’ There is a PR branch that specifically works on M1 Macs Apple m1 adjustments by volhov Β· Pull Request #225 Β· spryker/docker-sdk
β€’ So pull the docker SDK as normal using: git clone <https://github.com/spryker/docker-sdk.git> --single-branch docker
β€’ Then cd into the docker directory: cd docker
β€’ Now fetch and checkoutΒ the PR branch: git fetch origin pull/225/head:apple-m1-adjustments
β€’ git checkout apple-m1-adjustments
β€’ Come back up to the main directory: cd ../
β€’ Then re-run the bootstrap: docker/sdk bootstrap deploy.dev.yml
β€’ Now run the SDK again: docker/sdk up
β€’ You will most likely run into this error: unableΒ toΒ reconcileΒ MutagenΒ sessions:Β unableΒ toΒ flushΒ synchronizationΒ session(s):Β unableΒ toΒ flushΒ session:Β sessionΒ is notΒ currentlyΒ ableΒ toΒ synchronize
β€’ run: docker/sdk trouble
β€’ and then run docker/sdk up again

Booomm!!! It works πŸŽ‰

Β«1

Comments

• U02P7B6K2LC
    U02P7B6K2LC Posts: 121 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hey! I’m so glad you got this sorted and I wish I could have helped more. Many thanks for sharing your solution back with the community… I will write this up in my companies Confluence and share it back with any new Spryker learners who ask. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

• U013M1LC46A
    U013M1LC46A Posts: 23 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

@valerii.trots would be nice if we could get all of this written down in the official docs. Perhaps even a dedicated M1 setup page with troubleshooting FAQs? There's already been a lot of issues with the M1s and the same questions/issues will keep popping up in the future...

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

As soon as there is official support of M1 probably. But I'll forward this internally to people responsible of this.

• U01LE4BMBK7
    U01LE4BMBK7 Posts: 241 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

when will that be @valerii.trots?

• UQ958DA4U
    UQ958DA4U Posts: 232 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Speaking of which: When are you planning to merge this PR? is there any timeline or any blockers that still need fixing?

New devs will only get M1 machines if you don’t want to buy refurbished and stay on the Mac path.

• Valerii Trots

The plan is to have this Q1 AFAIK.

• USZ0XG6SK
    USZ0XG6SK Posts: 111 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

@valerii.trots who from Spryker is in lead (owner) when it comes to this topic?

• Volodymyr Lunov
    Volodymyr Lunov Sprykee Posts: 12 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

hi! you can contact me

• U01N73BRJG6
    U01N73BRJG6 Posts: 8 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Thank you so much for this!! In combination with https://sprykercommunity.slack.com/archives/CMYFJCG2E/p1643812049583259?thread_ts=1642429030.002900&cid=CMYFJCG2E I was finally able to get the demo-shop running on my M1 machine! πŸ₯³

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hello everyone... sooner or later it had to be my turn to struggle with ARM architecture....

I followed all the advice in the channel... Good! The installation starts, but then in the Build-static section it seems to fail....

If i run the command npm ci --prefer-offline directly in the cli then i got the following error (see second screenshot attached)

On Intel Mac everything is working good. Node-Sass dependency in package.json is ~4.14.1 that should be compatible with node v.14 installed in cli image.

But if u see better, it try to download a binary that does not exits (maybe with wrong arch ?)....

OT: why we use still node-sass and not dart-sass?? Then we will have no dependecies more from which version of node and g++, make, python2 etc....

@valerii.trots U can sure help me... maybe the same problem was posted in another thread but I missed it... Thank in advance an all for your help/suggestion etc...

• giovanni.piemontese

i forgot -> Image used is: spryker/php:8.0-alpine3.13

• U013M1LC46A

iirc there were some issues with building zed ui on my m1 -> they weren’t built properly during project installation - something about wrong arch for some npm module(s) (might be exactly that one from your screenshot)

• U013M1LC46A

the fix was to manually run the zed ui build command directly from the console…

• giovanni.piemontese

Yes, the node-sass try to download a binary for wrong arch...
    I think that the better solution is to switch to dart-sass...

• U013M1LC46A

but my project install did not stop because of the failing asset build, so not sure if it’s the same issue as you are having right now

• U013M1LC46A

maybe as a workaround remove the asset build from the project install script, and then build them manually post install

• giovanni.piemontese

yes... i can try so.. but i don't understand why the others say that everything works on m1...

• giovanni.piemontese

i will try to replace node-sass with dart-sass (there is also a PR in private repo suite on spryker since 1 year still open.... i don't understand why spryker don't switch to dart-sass)

• U013M1LC46A

everything is a bit of an overstatement, but most things definitely do work. you need some workarounds here and there, and docker is significantly slower than on intels, but it’s at least usable…

• giovanni.piemontese

what mean with "slower" ??? too slower or what?

some peopel in channel say also that it run very fast

• U013M1LC46A

the m1 cpu itself is extremely fast - but that does not translate to docker as there’s (afaik) 2 layers of virtualization happening when running docker images on m1

• U013M1LC46A

I did a lot of performance tests 2 months ago - m1 ended up being 2-4 times slower than intel

• U013M1LC46A
    +-------------------------------+------------------+-------------------------+----------------------+
    | benchmark                     | WSL2 - optimized | Mac - Intel - optimized | Mac - M1 - optimized |
    +-------------------------------+------------------+-------------------------+----------------------+
    | HomePageBench                 | 63.338ms         | 231.712ms               | 1.028s               |
    | CatalogPageBench              | 481.861ms        | 1.240s                  | 5.422s               |
    | LoginBench                    | 312.840ms        | 391.086ms               | 1.023s               |
    | AddToGuestCartBench           | 146.357ms        | 182.833ms               | 624.561ms            |
    | ConsoleTransferGenerateBench  | 1.793s           | 2.353s                  | 9.280s               |
    | ConsoleFrontendYvesBuildBench | 1.265m           | 2.551m                  | 5.611m               |

this would be a summary of those tests

• U013M1LC46A

though to be fair, a lot could have changed since then, so I’m hoping the final version of spryker’s m1 images will be at least as fast as the intels…

• giovanni.piemontese

With apple-m1 experimental branch and dart-sass instead node-sass it works on m1 and it is very fasttttt... faster als my intel mac

• U039C2231M2
    U039C2231M2 Posts: 1 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Updating @spryker/oryx-for-zed to the latest version (2.11.4) worked for me as well. Thank you for the hint @UL65CH0MC!

• Valerii Trots

why we use still node-sass and not dart-sass?

https://api.release.spryker.com/release-group/3279

• U0208K3V15W
    U0208K3V15W Posts: 33 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

HI A @U03A37J26NP Let follow this thread. Thank @U032PGXJ2N4 for your contribute.

• U03A37J26NP
    U03A37J26NP Posts: 5 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

@U03H00RBWJ1 let follow this thread

• U03H00RBWJ1
    U03H00RBWJ1 Posts: 3 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited June 2022

Hi everyone,
    Do you have any issue like that? I’m working on Macbook M1 and faced this issue. Thanks for your help! 0.0s

Error response from daemon: create ././docker/deployment/default/env/cli: "././docker/deployment/default/env/cli" includes invalid characters for a local volume name, only "[a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9_.-]" are allowed. If you intended to pass a host directory, use absolute path