What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

How to migrate categories and products from one docker based installation to other? I want to migrat

U035GSLDLVD
U035GSLDLVD Posts: 90 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

How to migrate categories and products from one docker based installation to other? I want to migrate data from my local docker based installation to dev docker based installation. Export command supports only order related data.

is there any feature or mechanisam to handle this? or upload my local db on dev, will it work?

Comments

• UK7KBE2JW
    UK7KBE2JW Posts: 463 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

You can dump you database and import it. Another way is for example with phpstorm to copy tables from one db to another db. After this trigger events for es and redis.

• U035GSLDLVD

@UK7KBE2JW Thanks, If I import it there, will it auto sync with docker volume?

• UK7KBE2JW

I dont get your question

• U035GSLDLVD

I am running docker based installation. If I remove existing tables and import the new from local, those changes will remain there if I restart spryker containers?

• U035GSLDLVD

I mean to say, on dev server, If I upload this local db and restart spryker containers, data uploaded on dev db will remain there or dev db will load data old data?

• UK7KBE2JW

sorry, I still do not get your question. Its a configuration thing of your setup. if you let the container persist the data to external volumes you can drop container, create new container and mound volume again and everything should be available there.

• UK7KBE2JW

and if you run the db container and restart them and everything is loss, you should overthink your setup