What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi friends. I want to install a generic third-party composer package in my Spryker shop. `docker/sdk

U01FMCD8EN4
U01FMCD8EN4 Posts: 27 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi friends. I want to install a generic third-party composer package in my Spryker shop. docker/sdk cli composer require my/packagename is working for a bit and then exiting with the only output being Killed.
It's not a memory or a time limit issue, I've monitored both with docker stats and they don't approach any limit. It's not tied to the composer package, any I install has the same result. I'm on Mac OS Big Sur, if that helps.
Anyone have any idea?

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Killed usually means OOM Killer was involved. Usually.
    Have you checked dmesg output being inside cli container?

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)

you could also try to go into the container docker/sdk cli and do composer require my/packagename -vvv maybe you see more information there

• U01FMCD8EN4
    edited July 2021

The -vvv showed that it crashed after these lines:

• U01FMCD8EN4
    Reading /home/spryker/.composer/cache/repo/https---repo.packagist.org/provider-php-mock$php-mock.json from cache
    Reading /home/spryker/.composer/cache/repo/https---repo.packagist.org/provider-satooshi$php-coveralls.json from cache
    Reading /home/spryker/.composer/cache/repo/https---repo.packagist.org/provider-codeception$lib-asserts.json from cache
    Reading /home/spryker/.composer/cache/repo/https---repo.packagist.org/provider-dms$phpunit-arraysubset-asserts.json from cache

• U01FMCD8EN4

dmesg doesn't seem to work inside the CLI

• Valerii Trots

Please run cli container by running docker/sdk cli, open second tab of you console and find id of this container running docker ps then docker exec -ti {id} bash.
    Run composer reuire in the first tab, wait for Killed message and check dmesg in the second tab.

• U01FMCD8EN4

Thanks Valerii.
    Second tab crashes with:

❯ docker exec -ti 8a0ac8a6bb23 bash
    OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:349: starting container process caused "exec: \"bash\": executable file not found in $PATH": unknown

• Valerii Trots
    edited July 2021

Interesting. Let me check my local setup.

• Valerii Trots

Well, I was able to login to cli container but dmesg doesn't work there. 😐
    I wonder if dmesg will show OOM Killer on the host system? πŸ€” Could you check it please?

• U01FMCD8EN4

I get the same error message with klogctl not permitted

• U01FMCD8EN4

the host system has some dmesg messages, but I don't know enough about that to read them

• U01FMCD8EN4

it also throws out the message that composer 2 should be used, but I wasn't able to do composer self-update