What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hey Sprykes! I’ve a question about the Pyz\Yevs frontend. At the moment I have the B2B demo working

U02P7B6K2LC
U02P7B6K2LC Posts: 121 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited February 2022 in Help

Hey Sprykes!

I’ve a question about the Pyz\Yevs frontend. At the moment I have the B2B demo working well… but I’m wondering… is there a way to start from scratch? Is there a way to simply delete the demo frontend and start from the absolute bare basics?

Reason: I’m experimenting with seeing what frontend CCS frameworks I can use, TailwindCSS, UIKit etc. and I’m also thinking of adopting some layouts I had built previously with the Symfony framework and seeing if I can create something similar using the Spryker frontend.

Many thanks!

Comments

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

In theory you can delete the whole yves folder and do it from scratch. But this is A LOT of work. If you want to have a complete independent frontend I suggest to use something like vueJS as Single page application and make use of GlueAPI instead of Yves

• U02P7B6K2LC
    U02P7B6K2LC Posts: 121 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hey Florian! Many thanks.

Yes I’ve already built an Angular frontend using the GlueAPI.

I can see how much work would be involved in reinventing the frontend… so that’s why I’m asking…

I’m wondering how other Spyker agencies have approached this. Have they mostly “tweaked” the current B2B/B2C demo frontend to their needs (changed logos and colours perhaps)… or have they started from scratch?

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

I am not aware of any project (but we have a lot of projects) which started from the very scratch. What I’ve seen more often is that the projects took care of a complete new look&feel including new frontend libraries and start with the ShopUi to have all basic elements with the new look and feel. I think for the other modules you dont have to change tooo much. Just for look&feel

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

spryker/docker-sdk is currently tightly coupled to Yves\frontend (eg https://github.com/spryker/docker-sdk/blob/master/images/baked/assets/Dockerfile#L9). Meaning that prod mode images won't be built.

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

The ticket to decouple it and have a possibility, let's say, to have just Glue without Yves and Jenkins is in the backlog but there is no ETA.