What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi, I have a question concerning the *OMS*, the customer's Shop is up and running, but for a new fea

USPATDHK5
USPATDHK5 Posts: 60 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi,
I have a question concerning the OMS, the customer's Shop is up and running, but for a new feature we have to adjust basically all existing OMS (we have to introduce an additional state along with an event, and of course transition).
Would you advice us to increase the version number, e.g. DummyPayment01.xml becomes DummyPayment02.xml, as I understood that the numbers indicate the version. Or do you think it is safe to adjust the DummyPayment01.xml?
I am concerned as the system is live, and in case there is an order in the backend that already started with the old process. Will this order fail if the xml describing the old process is changed "now" to follow a new one?
And in case we introduce DummyPayment02.xml now, do we have to keep version 01 within the config?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Comments

• U01LKKBK97T
    U01LKKBK97T Posts: 287 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited March 2021

I would recommend to use a new version number.
    It might happen that your new process version contains events or conditions relying on data that you don't have for legacy orders. In these cases, oms processing might fail when sticking to the old oms process definitions.

• UKJND3A3H
    UKJND3A3H Posts: 123 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Be aware though that you might still have orders of the old version in your system and awaiting processing when releasing the new version. So e.g. if you reuse a condition, between versions, but changed the actual implementation to fit version 2, version 1 processing might break

• USPATDHK5
    USPATDHK5 Posts: 60 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited March 2021

thank you for your reply 🙂
    I basically need to do sth like changing a->c to a->b->c - so hopefully it's more or less a safe change.

So when we change the versions, we adjust the config

$config[OmsConstants::ACTIVE_PROCESSES]

so that all active versions (in our case 1 and 2 (?) are available - But the actual mapping

$config[SalesConstants::PAYMENT_METHOD_STATEMACHINE_MAPPING]

would be to version 2 from now on, correct?

Do we need to specify the old ones somewhere else as well?

• UKJND3A3H
    UKJND3A3H Posts: 123 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Can’t recall for sure, but sounds what you are describing should do it