What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello, does anyone have experience with implementing PWA functionality for Yves? Where would be a go

ULW0Z4150
ULW0Z4150 Posts: 69 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hello, does anyone have experience with implementing PWA functionality for Yves? Where would be a good starting point to implement such functionality?

Comments

• That's rather a Glue case, imho

• ULW0Z4150

We are not sure if we can handle the effort that comes with developing our own frontend for glue. PWA functionality will probably be a requirement for the shop. Is it not recommended to do this or can you give a rough estimate how big the effort would be?

• fist of all i would question the requirement

• what do you expect from gaining through pwa?

• ULW0Z4150

We have a few requirements to use the shop offline and also make orders offline

• ULW0Z4150

Furthermore it is supposed to replace the native android and ios apps that are currently in place

• i am not an expert on all things pwa, but trying to press this functionality into a template based frontend like yves sounds pretty hacky

• the foundamental basics of offline approaches in pwa assume the existence of APIs

• there are already apis. you are suggesting to re-implement them in a system that is not meant for that, imho

• the requirements sound like someone promised that turning a website into an app is a matter of flipping a switch πŸ€”

• you can probably mix yves and glue

• imagine the scenario of offline ordering. how would you handle this in yves?

• ULW0Z4150

I guess you could save the products the customer has in his cart, and then prompt him to place a order when he is online again. To work around the issues of the complexity of the normal order steps

• ULW0Z4150

But I agree that it would be alot better to actually use a frontend based on glue to implement the PWA functionality