What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hey folks, just a quick question: Is it possible to completely remove yves from the Spryker project?

UQQ1ZQF99
UQQ1ZQF99 Posts: 6 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet
edited December 2019 in Help

Hey folks, just a quick question: Is it possible to completely remove yves from the Spryker project? We just use the Glue with a SPA touchpoint and therefore yves is not really necessary for us, but I'm afraid that I run into issues when I "just" remove yves from the project. Has anybody done sth. like that before and could give me an advice? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• URH65EVUP
    URH65EVUP Posts: 4 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet
    edited December 2019

Hey Sascha,
    we actually do exactly that. We use Frontastic as a Frontend-as-a-Service and pull together product data from Spryker, Content from GraphCMS (headless CMS with GraphQL interface) and some other sources.
    Since I'm pretty ne on this project I don't know if I can give further helpful advice but at least I can say: it works ๐Ÿ™‚

• jochen.gartner
    jochen.gartner Posts: 42 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

you can safely remove it on project level, we had no problems doing this

• You should be able to remove Yves entirely. If you can't please log a bug ticket.

• UQQ1ZQF99

Perfect. thank you, I'll try that

• For your initial development it might be easier to just copy one of our b2b/b2c shops and simply not run an yves server. I imagine it would take some time to remove all these modules. Are you trying to avoid extra dependencies by removing it?

• UQQ1ZQF99

Yep, exactly. Currently we're running on this approach with just not having an yves server but it still is "mess" with all these additional dependencies we don't really need.

But as a first step, I just wanted to know if it's theoretically possible. Thanks again ๐Ÿ™‚

• UP58NR6BS
    UP58NR6BS Posts: 19 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

hello all,
    I understood that there is no specific โ€žheadlessโ€œ repo that I can fork from. @UQQ1ZQF99 have you made progress in your approach? have you been able to reduce a significant amount of modules? which base repo did you clone from?