What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Heya, Anyone out there with some in-depth product/middleware knowledge, was experimenting with linki

U01JBB8LNTE
U01JBB8LNTE Posts: 207 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Heya, Anyone out there with some in-depth product/middleware knowledge, was experimenting with linking together the middleware to write products to the db, but with the standard shop setup it chokes on setting up the DE store

Comments

• U013EK8RD7A
    U013EK8RD7A Posts: 127 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited March 2021

Hey @U01JBB8LNTE you tried to use standard DataImport step, which expects specific keys to be defined in DataSet (if used in standard data import context, they are defined in CSV file). You should write your own data import step which would work with the DataSet that is mapped in your middleware mapper

• U01JBB8LNTE
    U01JBB8LNTE Posts: 207 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hm... yes I see what you are saying here, seems like I should be able to stream my inconsistent products through and match them up with the standard though... was thinking that the mapper would take care of that, but maybe I need to look at the actual data import step

• U013EK8RD7A
    U013EK8RD7A Posts: 127 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

The mapper could take care of that. Or you could achieve what you need in translation step (with rules defined in dictionary) but on thw other hand, i'd just write custom step (or extend parts of default)