What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello, the client wants to open up 29 different stores. From what I gather client wants to have diff

U02H2U2LQ0L
U02H2U2LQ0L Posts: 9 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello, the client wants to open up 29 different stores. From what I gather client wants to have different delivery methods, VAT %, url, and some specific country-stuff for each store but products would largely be the same. The url structure would be HOST/{lang}-{store}/somepath so we can make 1.7M url combinations from 30K products (they will have just two languages for all stores). Also there would be a bunch of jenkins commands like queue workers for each store which would have to wait a bit unless you added enough runners.
Has anyone worked on that much (or at least somewhere above 5) and knows how one would go about that?
Maybe there are some alternatives or am I overestimating the possible cluster***k and let's simply go ahead with it?

Comments

• UKEP86J66
    UKEP86J66 Posts: 208 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Is it an option to use different domains/subdomains to specify the store?

• UKEP86J66

We have a similar setup with ~30 stores, multiple locales and the same products for each store.

• UKEP86J66

Because we use different domains for stores the url count is only locales * products