What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

if you have a state machine with both `time out` and `manually executable`, will it still progress a

UKGT7RC7P
UKGT7RC7P Posts: 538 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
edited June 2020 in Help

if you have a state machine with both time out and manually executable, will it still progress automatically? (and both timeout and manual are dependent on any condition I guess)

Comments

• UKJND3A3H
    UKJND3A3H Posts: 123 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

to my believe it does.

• UKJND3A3H

you can still have it manually executable to skip timeout imo. not sure if that’s always a good idea…

• UKGT7RC7P
    edited June 2020

makes sense if you have something that would otherwise poll every x hours, but you want to override it and make it poll now

• UKJND3A3H

in combination with a condition? yep

• UKGT7RC7P

yes exactly

• UKJND3A3H

best though: try it out? πŸ˜‡ defining timeout to 1m, add condition and manual and see what is supported and what not

• UKGT7RC7P

yes yes, i'm being lazy πŸ˜„

• UKGT7RC7P
    edited June 2020

also we noticed it "not working" just now, but would need to investigate more

• UKGT7RC7P

also 1m is a long time in dev cycles

• UKJND3A3H

I think it’s not supporting 1s as a setting though πŸ˜‡

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

not sure I understood how condition is relevant here, but timeout and manual do work for the same event. To have an option β€œnot to wait”. Although I never investigated, what happens with timeout entry in DB after you moved the item manually. I guess cron-job will try to process it and skip/remove since it’s not actual any more..

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

yes.. u can have condition with timeout and the same time with manually flag and it is working..

• UKJND3A3H

but is timeout plus condition actually leading to β€œpolling”? meaning: if condition fails and there is no else case, state would stay same. would there be another timeout after configured period? πŸ€” I like the idea, but not sure that this is the case with current spryker OMS

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

just as example.. we use a lot of cycle in state machine.. of course u need an else state etc... take a look in the example....

• UKJND3A3H

πŸ‘

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    edited June 2020

ah this! Yeah, looks familiar to me too, exactly for similar cases. Although we concluded on the project that re-sending the same request multiple times if it fails makes little sense. Rather communicating with β€œmiddleware”, then they find/fix the issue and then we manually retry the transition when they’re done

• Andriy Netseplyayev

which means the same schema but w/o timeout

• UKGT7RC7P

our specific case is less about failure retry, but polling an external system for changes

• Andriy Netseplyayev

yes, this is a good use-case πŸ‘