What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hey all, we have had the problem several times now in our team with different people that one or mul

U04D2UKPVA6
U04D2UKPVA6 Posts: 8 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hey all,
we have had the problem several times now in our team with different people that one or multiple directories within the “Shared” directory have disappeared and could not be restored.
So far, we have only been able to solve it by deleting the entire project and setting it up again.
Is anyone here aware of the problem and ideally also of an alternative solution?

Comments

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Do u use Git for Source-Code Versioning?
    When it happened? Pull?

• U03FNK5A87J
    U03FNK5A87J Posts: 26 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Yes

• U03FNK5A87J
    U03FNK5A87J Posts: 26 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

It happend to me after I updated some composer packages. Then:

1. sdk boot -> workd
    2. sdk up -> error like some transfer files are not found. The shared folder was deleted during the up process
  • giovanni.piemontese

Then I assume it is due to a camelCase problem of the Directories names.... Especially if you use MacOs... For OS like Linux it's not a problem, but for MacOs and Windows it is...

• giovanni.piemontese

try investigating if they are always the same directories and if by chance there is a discrepancy in the name between OS and Git...

• U04D2UKPVA6
    U04D2UKPVA6 Posts: 8 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Afaik, we’ve only had the issues on Mac Devices so far. Thanks for the hints, we’ll check this