What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Can someone explain the difference between spy_product_concrete_storage `data` column and spy_produc

UK5DS29L2
UK5DS29L2 Posts: 546 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited February 2020 in Help

Can someone explain the difference between spy_product_concrete_storage data column
and
spy_product_localized_attributes attributes column?

running
select * from spy_product_concrete_storage where fk_product=19079 and locale='en_GB';
and its equivalent
select * from spy_product_localized_attributes where fk_product=19079 and fk_locale=46

and it looks like the storage contains pretty much the copy of the atributes in it's data as well. What's the purpose for that storage table in that case?
or maybe the better question would be: should I update both tables if I decide to update the product ? or one will sync into the other via internal spryker logic?

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice
    edited February 2020

*_storage tables are updated automatically and then this data is used to fill Redis via console sync:data command.

• UK5DS29L2

So I guess in product logic we should ignore the storage table completely, because it's "only" a helper table to be used for spryker frontend

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

True.

• UK5DS29L2

Thank you for clarification. Your answers are always fast, helpful and appreciated 🙂