What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

does anyone uses a Mac and Docker Desktop (

2»

Comments

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

hmmm… let me google

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

what for a homebrew version do you have? brew --version

• U031287KK7Y
    U031287KK7Y Posts: 13 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Homebrew 3.3.13

• U031287KK7Y

Fresh install

• fsmeier

what do you get for brew --repo mutagen-io/homebrew-mutagen

• U031287KK7Y

/opt/homebrew/Library/Taps/mutagen-io/homebrew-mutagen

• fsmeier

hmm… i get /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Taps/mutagen-io/homebrew-mutagen

• U031287KK7Y

Same version?

• fsmeier

yes, but is just updated

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

https://docs.brew.sh/Installation

This script installs Homebrew to its preferred prefix (/usr/local for macOS Intel, /opt/homebrew for Apple Silicon

• U031287KK7Y

Ah, yes. It´s an M1...

• fsmeier

sry, can not help right now but I will try to get a clean m1 computer to test it asap

• Valerii Trots

So was mutagen already installed or not?

• U031287KK7Y

No, first time fresh install following your guide

• Valerii Trots

Then please install any version and /opt/homebrew/Library/Taps/mutagen-io/homebrew-mutagen should appear afterwards.

• Valerii Trots

Because the sequence you mentioned at the beginning is supposed to fix existing version of mutagen to the "right" one.

• fsmeier

it is also supposed to work on a clean install - thats why i will look into this

• Valerii Trots

Ooops. Sorry then.

• fsmeier

but your workaround proposal makes totally sense

• U031287KK7Y

And it also works. I can confirm that after running: brew install mutagen-io/mutagen/mutagen-beta and then running your "fix" script, it reverts back to 13.4 beta correctly

• U031287KK7Y

Thanks a lot!

• fsmeier

I can reproduce it on a complete clean intel mac - will work on another solution. Thanks for reporting

• U01LE4BMBK7
    U01LE4BMBK7 Posts: 241 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

even with 0.13.4 beta4 Spryker doesn't work for me on a M1 MacBook

• Valerii Trots

Is the error the same?

Error: unknown command "compose" for "mutagen"

• fsmeier

I started the process of updating the documentation. In the meantime the following should work on machines which never saw mutagen before (and the ones who removed it):

brew tap mutagen-io/homebrew-mutagen && \
    cd "$(brew --repo mutagen-io/homebrew-mutagen)" && \
    git checkout bd8b45734ceebb24a9b11cbae7ff9f1623cfb737 && \
    HOMEBREW_NO_AUTO_UPDATE=1 brew install mutagen-io/mutagen/mutagen-beta && \
    cd - && \
    brew pin mutagen-io/mutagen/mutagen-beta