What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi. Does anyone know if it is possible to override a databuilder property? Spryker is still using ru

U01A5ARAXP0
U01A5ARAXP0 Posts: 119 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi. Does anyone know if it is possible to override a databuilder property? Spryker is still using rules with a deprecated format from Fakerphp, I would like to change it on project level at least

Comments

• Can you elaborate on the deprecated usage?
    SInce only fzaninotto/Faker is deprecated, and https://github.com/FakerPHP/Faker is now used.
    Maybe we can identify and PR the missing pieces so that we can use all the right methods/format?

• U01A5ARAXP0

yes, that one deprecated rules as properties, they should be called as functions only now:
    Wrong : $faker->word
    Right: $faker->word()

• That should be easy to fix up in a BC way, I imagine.

• Do you have an idea for a PR at hand we can introspect and fast-track?

• U01A5ARAXP0

sure... but it should be done on all modules that have databuilders

• U01A5ARAXP0

anyhow, I wanted this only for a quick test/fix... I updated merchant-relationship module, which introduced a databuilder for the merchantRelationship... turns out that now at least one test on my pipeline is failing while creating a new merchant relationship complaining that cannot find a unique value for the key

• U01A5ARAXP0

very strange, since it should even take a provided value and also locally seems to work just fine

• Maybe we could introduce a feature flag to switch over the property to method usage for project level or beyond.
    I dont know the implications - so just spit balling here.
    If you find a way, please reach out, best with a PR to the respective repo/module. And then we can take things from there.

• U01A5ARAXP0

ok, thanks