What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello everybody, another question on Testing: I want to test a Glue-Endpoint that accesses the data

U01660GHSTT
U01660GHSTT Posts: 80 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hello everybody,
another question on Testing: I want to test a Glue-Endpoint that accesses the data in the storage (Redis). Unfortunately I cannot find any helper class that makes it possible to add data to the storage for testing purposes and removing them after testing. Before I start implementing such a class myself I wanted to know if there is already a "StorageHelper" or something like this?

Comments

• Eugenia Poidenko
    Eugenia Poidenko Sprykee Posts: 145 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hello πŸ™‚

No, to my knowledge there is no helper like that.

Glue tests in tests/PyzTest/Glue use the actual P&S on the testing environment.

• Eugenia Poidenko

but wait, I think they are not on the demoshops which makes it kinda hard to look at πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

• U01660GHSTT

Hi again πŸ™‚,
    how do they do it? I mean usually I would execute the sync:data command for that πŸ˜„

• Eugenia Poidenko
  • U01660GHSTT

Thanks

• Eugenia Poidenko

how do they do it?

we have fixtures (codecept fixtures) that requires APPLICATION_ENV=devtest console queue:worker:start to be run afterwards

• Eugenia Poidenko

I also was not able to locate any public doc on that