What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello, i wanted to create a new sort parameter and for this I have created a new SortConfigTransferB

UP8T3GKFH
UP8T3GKFH Posts: 56 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited April 2020 in Help

Hello, i wanted to create a new sort parameter and for this I have created a new SortConfigTransferBuilderPlugin and added it to the CatalogDependencyProvider. I also had rebuilt the ElasticSearch index and the new sortParamNames are also shown to me. When I try to use it I get the following error message: "Exception: Search failed with the following reason: No mapping found for [integer-sort.NewSortAttributeName] in order to sort on [index: de_page] [reason: all shards failed]."
Where can i add the attribute to the mapping?

Comments

• Tamas Nyulas
    Tamas Nyulas Application Architect Posts: 20 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi, the integer-sort.* fields are dynamically mapped any time some new data is populated into ES. I guess, you don’t have the data pushed to ES yet and that’s why you get this error.

To avoid this error even when you don’t have mapped data, you can use SortConfigTransfer::setUnmappedType('integer') in your SortConfigTransferBuilderPlugin to ignore the the problem. See: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/6.8/search-request-sort.html#_ignoring_unmapped_fields

• UP8T3GKFH

Thanks for the answer. I had the ES indexes rebuilt and the data imported again, but the error persists.
    Is it even possible to use a simple product attribute for this?

• Tamas Nyulas
    Tamas Nyulas Application Architect Posts: 20 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

have you tried the ignore_unmapped_fields setting? I’m pretty sure that solve the problem

• UP8T3GKFH

Yes, I tried it and the error no longer appears. But now it is not sorted and that was actually the concern. :(