What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi Everyone, I'm running into a problem where my Yves breakpoints are hitting in PHPStorm but none

U01A958FBGQ
U01A958FBGQ Posts: 15 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited July 2021 in Help

Hi Everyone,

I'm running into a problem where my Yves breakpoints are hitting in PHPStorm but none of my Zed breakpoints are. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, any ideas for how to get the Zed breakpoints to break again?

Regards,
Chad

Comments

• U01LE4BMBK7
    U01LE4BMBK7 Posts: 241 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

first, enable Break at first line in PHP scripts and check if public/Zed/index.php gets opened at all

• U01A958FBGQ

When I did that I was able to get it to break in public/Zed/index.php. I can also get it to hit Zed breakpoints when I trigger something from within the Zed interface. However, if I'm in the Yves interface and trigger something that should trigger a Zed code breakpoint it doesn't ever break. For example, I have a breakpoint at the first line of the calculate() function of Discount.php. However, when I add a voucher to my cart, for example, it never breaks on that line. It will break at the Yves code breakpoints though, such as the line that returns the variables to the cart step twig.

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

I have enabled “Force break at first line when a script is outside the project” - is this enabled for you as well? - maybe add a screenshot of you phpstorm xdebug settings

• U01A958FBGQ

Sure! Screenshots to follow.

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

I am using “spryker” as IDE-key - but this is the only real difference i see here

• fsmeier

to try out breakpoints you can also go into the public/Zed/index.php to be sure the code really gets called

• U01A958FBGQ

Thanks Florian. I did get it to break in public/Zed/index.php based on Philipp's suggestion above. Is that what you're referring to? I just can't seem the get the Zed breakpoints to break when Yves code triggers the Zed code via some action within the Yves UI.

• fsmeier

with philipps tip it was breaking based on “break on first line of script” automatically - but i mean setting a brekpoint there without this checkbox enabled.

• fsmeier

because if you set a breakpoint there and login in yves the breakpoint should kick in

• U01A958FBGQ

Hi Florian, apologies for the delay. I ended up having to fully rebuild my environment yesterday and this morning. That said, after rebuilding I tried your suggestion. It didn't break at the public/Zed/index.php breakpoints that I put in but I'm now getting the error:

Debug session was finished without being paused
    It may be caused by path mappings misconfiguration or not synchronized local and remote projects.
    To figure out the problem check path mappings configuration for 'spryker' server at PHP|Servers or enable Break at first line in PHP scripts option (from Run menu).

Any suggestions to resolve this would be much appreciated.