What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello, i want to implement a publish/unpublish flow for one of our customer specific models … for th

UPWG9AYH2
UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello,
i want to implement a publish/unpublish flow for one of our customer specific models … for that i had a look at the product concrete/abstract stuff of spryker which should behave similar. So basically there are events that get fired by propel like entity.create/update/delete etc …. then there is also publish and unpublish event which can be used freely whenever you need them.
When i look for the usage of the unpublish event (search for the usage of that constant) it will never get used anywhere … so are these publish/unpublish events just for completeness here or do i miss something? Where these events get fired?
The overall goal is to delete something from a redis store when a customer gets anonymized. So where is the place to go?
Best

Comments

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

For product as far as I know they get removed from Redis when deactivated. I suggest you look into that.

• Ehsan Zanjani
    Ehsan Zanjani Head of Solution Architecture @ Spryker Posts: 113 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi @UPWG9AYH2,
    As you mentioned, Publish and Unpublish events are designed to let developers trigger explicit events when they need to write to delete manually the data to\from Redis\ES, so not all Publish and Unpublish are used

• UPWG9AYH2
    UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi everyone … I already got a solution. I registered a plugin whcih gets executed on anonymizing a customer. Here the event gets thrown … Thanks a lot