What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi guys. I was wondering, is there some way to extend spryker tests or run them? You know, it's the

U0134CBTUKS
U0134CBTUKS Posts: 42 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Hi guys. I was wondering, is there some way to extend spryker tests or run them? You know, it's the same system we extend on, this way it would be nice to check if code that I extended breaks something down.

Comments

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet
    edited May 2020

Hi ลฝilvinas, Iโ€™m not sure I understand what do you want to extend. In general, we do not recommend running spryker core tests (the ones you would find in ./vendor/spryker/module_name/tests folder) but rather do use ./tests/ as an example to start writing your own tests.

• U0134CBTUKS
    edited May 2020

anything generally (for example I override protected methods from spryker classes) if I extend anything I would like to check if other spryker code works with it. I do write my own tests. Well, maybe this was stupid idea to test if my code integrates with sprykers idk...

• Andriy Netseplyayev

then you do everything correctly. Just write your test that will cover some functionality. It will then (if written correctly) cover your class and the part youโ€™ve extended from Spryker.

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    edited May 2020

And yes, you should not be aiming to cover spryker core functionality but your project code

• U0134CBTUKS

thanks for clearing that out ๐Ÿ™‚