What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello, does anybody else has problems using the spryks with php 7.4? Seems there are some deprecatio

UPWG9AYH2
UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello, does anybody else has problems using the spryks with php 7.4? Seems there are some deprecation warnings with 7.4 in roave/better-reflection in 3.5.0 when generating code. There were some changes in roave/better-reflection 4.x regarding this deprecation warnings but the spryks package locks them down to 3.x … any idea?

Comments

• You could silence the deprecation warnings for the time being and submit a ticket to them to fix their 3.x branch
    We probably cannot upgrade to due dependency issues.

• PS: If you make them a PR it might even get faster into their 3.x branch and hopefully a 7.4 supporting patch release.

• UPWG9AYH2

Okay, so there is no plan to move to a newer version at the moment?

• "php": ">=7.2.0,<7.5.0",
    So based on this, I wonder what blocks 4.x. Did you find out? composer why ...

• UPWG9AYH2

🤷‍♂️

• UPWG9AYH2

so you mean what block pulling 4.x?

• UPWG9AYH2
    "name": "spryker-sdk/spryk",
    "version": "0.2.5",
    "require": {
        "php": ">=7.2",
        "roave/better-reflection": "^3.0",

• I see, so we could just allow ^4.0 - or upgrade to it

• UPWG9AYH2

I don’t know if this would make some problems, but i think its the problem since they fixed something here in 4.x https://github.com/Roave/BetterReflection/pull/522

• For now the best way would be for them to fix 3.x to be php74.