What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Good morning! In our project, we are facing everyday with some stuck orders in the OMS. Usually: `re

Chemaclass
Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Good morning!
In our project, we are facing everyday with some stuck orders in the OMS. Usually: reservation removed, unblocking address, place order confirmed . The funny thing is that all of these has a transition event onEnter=true , so I am wondering how is this even possible πŸ€”

We got an idea about changing the onEnter transition to a timeout, so it will retry anyway in case of failing, but before starting doing that maybe somebody else got the same issue and figure out a possible solution for it? Any ideas?

Thanks for your time! πŸ™‚

Comments

• UQ958DA4U
    UQ958DA4U Posts: 232 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Moving through the states is a job in the scheduler (jenkins). I would check the job runs in there and the logs of failed jobs. Maybe the job also sporadically doesn't get executed for whatever reason.

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

This happened usually when the command throw an error... then the State Machine is blocked... u have to analyze your log to see if u find smth..

• Chemaclass
    Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Thanks you both! That might be a reason πŸ‘πŸΌ

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Scheduler only β€œmoves” conditional transitions, timeouts and transitions w.o. events specified.
    Your case is most probably an error in the command as @UL65CH0MC mentioned. There is no ootb way to move from those β€œstuck” states - since from project to project the solution can be very different and depends a lot on the general fix of the problem and related data/commands/transitions etc

• martin
    martin Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 49 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited October 2021

Hi everyone in this thread πŸ‘‹

I have a similar problem right now and I'd like you to ask if you could identify the problem of this issue.

For me, the condition checks work on my local machine without any problems, but are stuck in staging and production.

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

but are stuck in staging and production

what means β€œstuck” - they stop on condition and never moves forward? If that’s the case - you have to make sure that the cron jobs are running

• martin
    martin Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 49 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

stuck in the sense that it is not moving forward on those conditions. It's particularly interesting because it's only stuck at a certain condition (other conditions in the OMS are working) and cron jobs are running because we get the daily report mails which are triggered by a cronjob

• Chemaclass

The solution that we did was changing the onEnter="true" to timeout="1 minute" to those states where we faced that particular problem.

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

changing the onEnter option to timeout I don't think is the solution to the problem.
    What you absolutely have to check is that there are no errors or exceptions in the log.
    Then what I suggest is to understand if this happens rarely or frequently or in certain moments. For example what happened to me some time ago is that after the deployment, updating the OMS to a new version, the already present unfinished OMS would get confused with the new version etc... If I'm not wrong this has already been fixed at core level but I wouldn't exclude it as an option.

Or do you do releases without stopping the jobs or waiting for them to finish their work...?

Many can be the cause of the above problem.