What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi all! Short question: Is it possible to enable/disable customers storewise? So the scenario: one d

UPWG9AYH2
UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi all! Short question: Is it possible to enable/disable customers storewise? So the scenario: one database with all customers but like with products, they are just available for selected stores? Best regards

Comments

• UK7KBE2JW
    UK7KBE2JW Posts: 463 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited March 2020

A year ago we did it with company roles and permissions. Dunno if it comes out of the box now

• UPWG9AYH2

Honestly, this sounds to me like a basic feature … i hope i can be used ootb but i cant find anything in the docs

• UKMHZV8LX
    UKMHZV8LX Posts: 69 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

We did this in a project and needed to extend the customer by a store assignment.

• UPWG9AYH2

Hi Dennis, i would see this also as β€œno effort at all” if its really that easy πŸ˜„ … but … was it really that easy? Were there any problems afterwards or things you didn’t consider in advance?

• UKMHZV8LX

You will of course have to consider how the assignment is done and you have to extend the login process to check the assignment of the current store.

• UPWG9AYH2

okay, so as always it might depend on whats the goal …

• UPWG9AYH2

My fear is that i have to modify massive query objects whenever customers data is needed in a way

• UKMHZV8LX

At least in our case it was only a matter of checking during login. After the customer is logged in, we don't further care. But might of course depend on the context.

• UPWG9AYH2

Okay, that gives me hope πŸ™‚ thanks a lot

• Jeremy Fourna
    Jeremy Fourna Lead Product Manager Posts: 130 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

@UPWG9AYH2 and @UKMHZV8LX could you send me in DM your project requirements about customer per store because we have this topic on our long term roadmap and I would like to check if what we are planning will solve your case.

• UPPB2H525
    UPPB2H525 Posts: 51 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hey! Sorry to bring up this old topic again. Is there an ootb-feature or something else I can rely on in the meantime? I have a very similar requirement at the moment.