What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi all, can you please help me understand the difference between discontinued and deactivated produ

UM9F81RCP
UM9F81RCP Posts: 516 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi all,

can you please help me understand the difference between discontinued and deactivated products ? I am talking from technical perspective. What happens if I deactivate a product vs. if I mark it discontinued.

Comments

• U01A5ARAXP0
    U01A5ARAXP0 Posts: 119 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited May 2022

If you change the is_active flag on a product to false, it will be unpublished and then not available from storage... while for discontinued product, you are just changing the availability... you can still show it in your catalog, but just don't sell it (don't allow the customer to buy it)

• UM9F81RCP
    UM9F81RCP Posts: 516 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Thank you 🙂