What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello, looking at the spryker import there is a deprecated `DataSetWriterPluginInterface` which take

UPWG9AYH2
UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello,
looking at the spryker import there is a deprecated DataSetWriterPluginInterface which takes a DataSetInterface as a param … the new way seems to be to use the DataSetItemWriterPluginInterface which uses a DataSetItemTransfer … i guess, using the DataSetInterface therefore will also be deprecated? It is not stated as this. I ask because i want to translate a “old” ImportWriterStep to a new dedicated DataSetWriter and struggle to either use the DataSetInterface (like all other existing do) or use a DataSetItemTransfer for the write method as an input param.

Best regards

Comments

• UPWG9AYH2
    UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Honestly, for me it’s a bit hard to understand how data import should actually work.
    When i look at different data import pipelines it seems that writing logic for many entites is actually in the dataset steps itself. Whats then the sense of the DataSetWriter? Or is this just old code/approach?