What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello everyone πŸ‘‹, Has anyone already had any problems writing large values into Redis that cau

giovanni.piemontese
giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hello everyone πŸ‘‹,

Has anyone already had any problems writing large values into Redis that caused timeouts or similar problems?

From NewRelic I noticed that it needs 60sec to make a setex and then the whole thing goes into 504 Gateway-Timeout of course.
Can anyone give me some Tip on how to analyze and/or understand why this happens?

Thank u in advance!

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice
    edited November 2022

Not so long time ago another customer hit 60s limit on a long time operation.
    That was nginx and php-fpm workers timeout. We created a branch https://github.com/spryker/docker-sdk/tree/bugfix/increase-nginx-timeout with a possible fix to try out but then they hit guzzle default limit of 5 minutes so we never merged it and they had to re-work the workflow.

Can it be the same\similar?

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

I don't know if it is the same... the problem is that predis/predis need more than 60sec to write a value in redis... of course the 60sec can be a timeout caused from fpm/nginx but the question is: why redis need too long time to write a large value? I suppose that it is more a redis configuration or smth else related to..

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice
    edited November 2022

Ok, so the question why it takes so long but I thought where the timeout comes from, sorry. πŸ™‚