Embracing Our Nerdy Side: Let's Be Proud of What Makes Us Unique!

Samuel Pais
Samuel Pais Sprykee Posts: 76 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Hey there! Ever feel like you've got these awesome hobbies, but you're kinda worried about what others might think? I'm totally with you. I'm what they call a kidult – I love superhero movies, video games, and fantasy stuff like anime, and I'm a big fan of building with Legos.

But, you know, it hasn't always been easy to show off my nerdy interests. Back in the day, people used to look at stuff like playing Dungeons & Dragons or reading fantasy books and think, "Hmm, is that really something grown-ups should be into?" It's like they didn't get why we enjoy diving into cool imaginary worlds.

Luckily, times have changed, and things are getting way better. Remember those Marvel movies? Or shows like Stranger Things and Big Bang Theory? They've helped show everyone that it's totally cool to love nerdy stuff. Even Twitch and YouTube are places where people hang out to talk about the things they're into.

This shift is awesome because it means we can proudly share what we love without feeling weird about it. And in a world where we're often connected through screens, finding common interests can help us make friends and expand our horizons.

I've started to let my nerdy flag fly, too. I've got shelves where I show off my action figures, games, and cool pins. It feels good to be open about what I enjoy, and it's a way to say, "Hey, this is me!"

So, how about you? Have you started telling others about your passions? Whether you're a pro at making your own beer, a master at sewing, or you're all about those board games, it's something to be proud of. These things make you who you are, and they're what make spending time with you awesome.

Remember, it's totally okay to be a bit nerdy. In fact, it's what makes you special. So let's show off our favorite things, make new friends, and have a blast being ourselves! 🤓🎮📚

Comments

• Lauren Kulwicki
    Lauren Kulwicki (ex) Senior Community Manager Posts: 196 🪐 - Explorer

Love this!! IMO, being nerdy is the NEW cool 😎 My childhood nerdiness was all about spooky witchy things 😂 I loved playing in the backyard with my sisters making potions and creating flower wreaths and brooms to "sell" in our witches supermarket. Over the years, my magic dimmed a bit but as an adult it translated over into being super into Halloween, all things autumn/fall, and scary movies/books! Curious to hear more about others' childhood nerdiness and how it is still reflected in your adult or "kidult" interests!