Will spryker/oryx-for-zed be fixed?

christiankilb
christiankilb Posts: 7 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited September 2023 in Spryker Development

Hello,

today is a Friday and I don't feel like fighting with the Spryker Support portal to report some bug*

So here is my question: Will spryker/oryx-for-zed get future updates? If so, will the dependencies be fixed? The package.json of it requires webpack v5, and css-loader v3. But css-loader v3 requires webpack v4.

Because of this npm install without an existing package-lock.json will fail.

// Christian

. * my credentials are not working right now anyway

Best Answer

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)
    Answer ✓

Heyhey,
    I will have a look to get some answers from the dedicated team.

As far as I know support portal access is just given to active customers and partner agencies. So not sure since when you have it. But yeah, official support ticket is always better in that case because it is much easier to push priority.

All the best,

Florian

Answers

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)
    Answer ✓

Heyhey,
    I will have a look to get some answers from the dedicated team.

As far as I know support portal access is just given to active customers and partner agencies. So not sure since when you have it. But yeah, official support ticket is always better in that case because it is much easier to push priority.

All the best,

Florian

• fsmeier

Heyhey, me again.

So I have actual two answers for you:

First of all: The package is not dead and there is at least one internal ticket to update css-loader etc in the future.

Secondly: I can not reproduce your exception in a fresh b2b-demo-shop 202307.0 installation. 😥

The guess from our frontend-team is that something with the projects package.json is wrong.

Hope this helps you moving forward!

All the best,

Florian

• christiankilb
    edited September 2023

Hello Florian,

thanks for your answer.

The package.json and package-lock.json is copied 1:1 from Github: https://github.com/spryker-shop/b2b-demo-shop

I don't know why it works for you - but the way I understand it, it shouldn't. We even use the same version of npm (9.8.1)

Spryker's package.json requires "webpack": "~5.74.0" and "css-loader": "~3.2.0". Have a look here:

https://github.com/spryker-shop/b2b-demo-shop/blob/master/package.json

css-loader doesn't support webpack 5x in version 3.x, or even 4.x.

See i.e. css-loader's 3.2.1 package.json here: https://github.com/webpack-contrib/css-loader/blob/v3.2.1/package.json

• fsmeier

Just to validate - have you tried to install a fresh demoshop and reproduce it there as well? I understand the constraints you are mentioning thats why I was also sceptical (or still am) - but nevertheless it seems to work for me in a fresh demoshop installation. Sadly I am not too deep into the frontend topic anymore so I can not debug further.

• christiankilb

Hey,

I just checked out the demoshop again and I can see that the Frontend configuration is Pyz-overwritten here, so a flag is added that will workaround that issue:

Unfortunately simply adding this flag won't fix the issue on my current project because of unknown reasons. It would be nice if the underlying issue gets fixed.

• fsmeier
    edited September 2023

This does likely not help you further but i think this file is used nowadays (but should do the same):
    https://github.com/spryker-shop/b2b-demo-shop/blob/202307.0/.npmrc